This season, the hair look at the Jeremy Scott show in New York broke away from fantasy and moved towards a fresh fashion look. The collection, described by stylist Eugene Souleiman as a take on “sportswear with a suggestion of lingerie,” called for a “racy, after the gym” hairstyle.
Said Souleiman, “This look is very sexy, as if the girls are fresh out of the locker room, like they’ve taken a shower after the gym, combed their hair back and are great to go. The trick to this look is to create the illusion and texture of wet hair but in a natural, believable way, so we used Wella Professionals Brilliance Conditioner combed through damp hair to give a fluid feeling to the hair, and then applied layers of mousse to enhance separation and define the natural hair texture."
Get the Look:
1. Start with freshly washed and conditioned hair, using Wella Professionals Brilliance Shampoo and Conditioner, to ensure hair is in perfect condition.
2. Apply Wella Professionals Brilliance Conditioner and comb through hair with a fine tooth comb to create an even texture.
3. Next, apply Wella Professionals Extra Volume Styling Mousse over the hair by patting it in to the hair, working through the top section and paying particular attention over the temples where the mousse should be pushed in to the hair to keep it tight to the head.
4. Take a wide tooth comb and, keeping the comb very flat to the head, drag the comb back through the moussed sections to create ‘lines’ in the hair.
5. Next, loosen up the hair at the bottom lengths to give a "broken up/ piecey" effect.
6. Finally, dry the hair using a diffuser to provide a gentle heat to "set" the style in place.
Click through to see more images from the collection! [pagebreak]
[Images courtesy of DEVRIES Global PR]