Celebrity stylist Aviva created an elegant and timeless hairstyle for nominee Anna Gunn at the 2014 Golden Globes. Inspired by Grace Kelly, the look was simple yet chic with a hint of old Hollywood glamour.
Get the Look:
1. Starting with wet hair, Aviva used a volumizing spray to coat the hair from roots to ends. Next she blew out Gunn's hair in sections using the T3 Evolution LongLife Dryer and the T3 Anti-Gravity 2.5” Barrel Brush.
2. Once the hair was dry, Aviva started at the nape of the neck and took 2" sections of hair and wrapped them around the T3 1.25” SinglePass Twirl Curling Iron. EXPERT TIP: Aviva set the curling iron to 200 degrees to create volume and movement rather than a curl.
3. Once the hair cooled, she sprayed a texturizing spray through Gunn's hair, and then with a T3 Carbon Rat Tail comb, Aviva teased the hair at the crown for some height and used hair spray for hold.
4. Next, she gathered the hair at the nape of her neck and used a blonde bungee elastic to secure the ponytail. Then, using the wide section of the T3 Carbon Large Styling Comb, she back-combed into the ponytail to plump it up and add more texture.
5. Aviva then began gently wrapping the hair around itself and shaping the chignon while securing with a combination of bobby pins and hair pins.
6. She finished the look off with a strong hold hair spray.
[Image: Getty Images]