Inspiration: Stacey Bendet's Spring 2014 collection for alice + olivia was inspired by what she refers to as the American Girl – carefree collegiate with a romantic twist. Sitting at the crossroads of preppy-meets-pretty, the collection was built around sophisticated neutrals accented by pops of pastel and plays on proportion. CATWALK® by TIGI® Global Creative Director Nick Irwin carefully considered the quintessential alice + olivia girl when creating the complementary hair look - a perfectly simple chignon that exuded a girlish yet sophisticated youth.
Overall Look: Classic chignon with edge
(click on the next page to create the look!)
1. Starting with a base of straight, dry hair, begin flat ironing small sections using the CATWALK® by TIGI® Your Highness Weightless Shine Spray.
2. Once hair is bone-straight, create a deep and defined side part over the left eyebrow and carefully brush hair into a low ponytail at the nape – being careful to smooth hair over (not behind!) the right ear. Secure with an elastic.
3. Work CATWALK® by TIGI® Curlesque Strong Hold Mousse through the pony tail, applying heat with a blow dryer to eliminate fly always and provide hold.
4. After securing the bottom of the ponytail with another small elastic, gently twist the hair into a perfect chignon, tucking ends out of sight and securing with french pins.
5. Set the look with CATWALK® by TIGI® Session Series Finishing Spray.
CATWALK® by TIGI® Your Highness Weightless Shine Spray
CATWALK® by TIGI® Curlesque Strong Hold Mousse
CATWALK® by TIGI® Session Series Finishing Spray
[Images courtesy of Siren PR]