Remove unwanted artificial hair color and re-color hair all in the same day with PRAVANA’s Artificial Hair Color Extractor. This safe and simple system gently removes any oxidative color without affecting the natural base color of the hair in five easy steps.
1. Shampoo hair with Sulfate-free Clarifying shampoo. Rinse and towel dry.
2. Measure and mix equal parts of hair color extractor part 1 and part 2 of the Artificial Hair Color Extractor in a plastic or glass mixing bowl. Mix enough product relative to the length of hair.
3. Apply immediately to hair using a bowl and brush application.
4. Once the hair is thoroughly saturated, place a plastic cap over hair and process for 20 minutes under a warm hood dryer.
5. Thoroughly shampoo the hair twice from scalp to ends with Pravana Sulfate-Free Clarifying Shampoo. For the first shampoo, it is advisable to massage the product into a full lather and place a plastic cap over the hair for 2-3 minutes. Rinse thoroughly for at least 3 minutes. Be sure to follow with a thorough second shampoo and rinsing. To verify the dyes have been successfully extracted, apply 10-volume developer to towel-dried hair and allow to remain in the hair for 20 seconds. Rinse with water. If there are dyes still present in the hair, they will oxidize and become visible. If desired results are not achieved or the color is not completely extracted, repeat steps 1- 5.