America’s Beauty Show (ABS) and Cosmetologists Chicago (CC) are calling for salon professionals with entertainment talent in addition to cosmetology to enter the all-new Beauty Talent Showcase Auditions.
Up to five singers, dancers, musical performers or comedians will be given the opportunity to perform in front of an audience of hundreds of their peers and the media on the ABS Runway. The performances will be showcased during the ABS BeautyBASH kick-off party March 9, 2013.
Another industry first for America’s Beauty Show, the Beauty Talent Showcase will highlight the artistic talents of many salon professionals who may have become hairstylists, nail technicians or estheticians, but have superior performing skills in entertainment and performance genres.
“We know,” said CC President Joseph Cartagena, “that salons are filled with talented beauty service providers. Many of our professional peers harbor performance skills as well. Because CC is totally dedicated to the advancement of careers, we want to give these performers a Showcase that may even propel them to stardom.”
- Entrants must post a 1-3 minute video of themselves performing in their select genre (voice, dance, comedy, etc.),
- Entrants must provide an image or video of themselves at work in their beauty professional setting.
- Entrants must include a performance resume.
- Entry forms and official technical rules and regulations are available at AmericasBeautyShow.com/BeautyBASH
- The deadline for entries is January 25, 2013.
- Entrants may submit a maximum of three separate videos highlighting their performance talent.
- Mandatory rehearsals will be Friday, March 8.
A diverse committee, including entertainment industry experts and salon celebrities, will make the final talent selections for the Showcase.
Each of the selected winners will receive $300 for travel expenses, complimentary hotel rooms for Friday, March 8 and Saturday, March 9, 2013, rehearsals on the stage at ABS The Runway and performance before a vast, enthusiastic audience of their peers. Additional prizes include consumer and industry media exposure.
“There is so much talent of all kinds in our industry, added Cartagena. “Cosmetologists Chicago is pleased to present an extraordinary opportunity to bring it to light.”
[Image courtesy of Vi Nelson]