Redken Creative Consultant Guido created a sleek, clean updo to match the Marc by Marc Jacobs Spring/Summer 2012 collection on Monday, September 12th.
Guido, Redken Creative Consultant explains, "When collaborating with Marc on this look, the inspiration that was referenced was actually my own work from the 90’s. This look started as a ponytail and we reinvented it. But we couldn't keep it simple, so created a more complicated clean and spiky version.”
Redken Products Used:
-satinwear 02 ultimate blow-dry lotion
-forceful 23 super strength finishing spray
-glass 01 smoothing serum
Create the Look:
- Apply satinwear 02 ultimate blow-dry lotion to damp hair and blow-dry.
- Pull hair back into a ponytail at the occipital bone and secure with an elastic – make sure no part is showing, and that it’s clean off the face.
- Flip the ponytail towards the front of the head, and about 2 inches above the elastic, secure the hair with a silver clip.
- Then flip the ponytail back down towards the nape of the neck and about 2 inches below the elastic, secure with a 2nd clip to create a bump effect.
- Spray the entire shape with forceful 23 super strength finishing spray.
- Pull a few pieces out from the bump and spray with forceful 23 super strength finishing spray to create an aerodynamic effect.
- Finish the look by adding a heavy amount of glass 01 smoothing serum to the area from the hairline to the elastic for a high shine look.
Images courtesy of Redken.