Kerry Washington at the 85th Academy Awards
Hair by celebrity stylist Takisha Sturdivant-Drew for Moroccanoil
“When I saw the amazing goddess gown that Kerry was wearing, I knew that her hair had to be long and classic,” says Sturdivant-Drew. To complement the elegant design, Sturdivant-Drew highlighted volume and movement in the hair look, letting it flow down and behind the shoulders. She also added fullness at the sides and flattering height at the crown to emphasize a soft, modern mood.
1. "I first shampooed Kerry’s hair with Moroccanoil Extra Volume Shampoo and Moroccanoil Extra Volume Conditioner."
2. "Next, I added Moroccanoil Volumizing Mousse to large sections for soft volume, emphasizing the root area. Since Kerry’s hair is naturally curly, we straightened it first by blow-drying with a comb attachment. I then went back and blow-dried different sections of the hair for added volume at the root."
3. "Using a 1½“ curling iron, I created large, loose S-waved sections, starting at the nape and working up to the sides and top."
4. "After sectioning off the top and back of the hair, I teased the crown and sides for lift and volume, then combed over the hair lightly and brought it back down."
5. "To hold the style without any stiffness, I sprayed on Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray Strong from about three inches away. This product works really well for this look because it’s so lightweight, won’t flake, and it holds the hair while allowing it to move."
[Image: Kevork Djansezian/Getty]
More Oscars 2013: Short Hairstyles at the Oscars | Beards at the 2013 Oscars | Jennifer Lawrence | Nicole Kidman | Helena Bonham Carter | Renee Zellweger | Jessica Chastain | Zoe Saldana | Charlize Theron | Amy Adams | Mena Suvari | Leslie Mann | Isla Fisher | Anne Hathaway