Selfies: All the cool kids are doing it. And while it may not be a point of pride to pose for photos when you're your own photographer, mugging at the lens for shot after shot, there's certainly nothing wrong with masterminding your own image. Embrace the duckface! Well, not the duckface... we can't in good conscience endorse that.
ctive look of large eyes.
2. Men: Slightly protrude your chin. This creates a strong face and eliminates a double chin.
3. For men and women, slightly lean your neck toward the camera.
4. For women: A minute before your photo, tap on your lips a few times (somewhat stronger than you'd think!). This will send blood to your lips, making them redder and fuller . Similarly, you can pinch your cheeks a few times to get a little bit of a rosy glow.
5. Stand at an angle to the camera. This creates a slimmer body profile and adds some interest to the photograph. Also, try slightly lowering the shoulder toward the camera. This will relatively elongate your neck and slim it out.
6. Blink just before the camera goes off. That is, if you are counting to three to shoot, blink deliberately on two. This will help guarantee that your eyes are not closed during the picture, and importantly, will get you with the most open and bright eyes—and remember, bright eyes are critical to looking good.
7. Smile with your eyes! A fake smile is just your mouth. A true smile is when your whole face is laughing. Think about sending energy to your eyes or smiling with your eyes, and your beauty will shine into the photograph.
8. Be relaxed. Think about relaxing your face and trying to convey that to the camera. That emotional change will show in your photos.
Photos: Getty Images/Twitter