Emily Blunt's Golden Globes hair styled by Laini Reeves for Moroccanoil
Golden Globe nominee for Best Actress, Emily Blunt, looked spectacular on the red carpet last night in a golden Michael Kors gown and a shimmering modern hair look created by Laini Reeves for Moroccanoil.
The sophisticated style emphasized loose-textured hair gathered into a beautiful high-placed bun that was inspired by Audrey Hepburn’s elegant look in “Breakfast at Tiffany’s.”
“Emily’s dress was so amazing and sexy that I wanted to create a minimal look that showed off her beautiful features, with simple lines and an unstructured texture with lots of shine,” Reeves says.
How To Get The Look:
- I started by shampooing the hair with Moroccanoil Extra Volume Shampoo and Moroccanoil Extra Volume Conditioner.
- I applied new Moroccanoil Volumizing Mousse to give light volume and shine, and for a flexible, natural-looking hold.
- Next, I added a small amount of Moroccanoil Hydrating Styling Cream from roots to ends, then flipped her hair over and rough-dried it upside down. I used my fingers to separate and define strands for texture as they dried.
- I brought Emily’s hair into a high ponytail, still using my fingers to keep the texture messy, and secured it on the crown with a hair band.
- I held the ponytail out and sprayed it from base to ends with Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray Medium.
- Twisting the hair around my fingers, I made a loose bun held around its base with bobby pins. It was important not to make it too large or too tiny, but the right size to suit Emily’s bone structure and profile. Once it was in place, I tweaked and pulled at the bun to create the right texture.
- To finish, I sprayed my comb with Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray Medium and used it to smooth the hairline.
Moroccanoil® Extra Volume Shampoo helps create volume, deeply cleanses hair and scalp, gently removes dulling residues from styling products, and helps give long-lasting and lustrous shine. It adds volume, vitality, body and shine, so that even the most lifeless strands look and feel substantial and full.
Moroccanoil® Extra Volume Conditioneris a uniquely lightweight formula that detangles and repairs weak, damaged, color-treated, highlighted or processed hair – helping to transform strands to flawless manageability with smooth, healthy-looking shine.
New Moroccanoil® Volumizing Mousse is specially designed to build body and create natural lift and movement. Its weightless formula provides a flexible long-lasting hold and creates natural, voluminous styles. Moroccanoil® Volumizing Mousse plumps fine, limp hair for added fullness without any sticky residue or buildup. Hair is left healthy and touchable with a veil of shine.
Moroccanoil® Hydrating Styling Cream gives beautifully hydrating and natural‐looking hold while eliminating frizz, and adding definition and shine.
Moroccanoil®Luminous Hairspray Medium locks in styles all day long without compromising shine or luminosity. A proprietary argan oil-infused formula, it produces a strong, manageable and touchable hold with a burst of healthy-looking shine.
Image: Courtesy of Anne Hardy Public Relations
Other 2013 Golden Globe articles: Claire Danes' 2013 Golden Globes Hair | Hairstyles How To: Olivia Munn's 2013 Golden Globes Hair | Julianne Moore at the 2013 Golden Globes | Jennifer Lawrence's 2013 Golden Globes Look | Megan Fox at the 2013 Golden Globes | Amy Adams' 2013 Golden Globes Look | Amy Poehler's Blonde Hair for the 2013 Golden Globes | Lena Dunham's 2013 Golden Globes Pixie | Kate Hudson at the 2013 Golden Globes | Jessica Chastain at the 2013 Golden Globes | Naomi Watts' Side-Swept Bob for 2013 Golden Globes | Golden Globe Style