Calling all color creators! From April 1 to May 15, colorists everywhere are invited to show off their color skills by entering Paul Mitchell’s fifth annual Color Outside the Lines Contest. You can win $1500 (USD) in cash and $1500 (USD) in Paul Mitchell product and tools!
Tap into your creativity—while practicing social distancing, of course—and use mannequin heads for your submissions, showcasing your favorite formulas and unique techniques for color applications.
“Color Outside the Lines is proud to offer cash prize incentives as we understand that’s what stylists need more than anything right now," says Colin Caruso, JPMS artistic director of Professional Hair Color. "This contest is all about getting out of your comfort zone and into your creative space. This is not about what the client wants or needs, it’s all about doing hair for YOU again!”
Here's how to enter:
Step 1: Choose a Category
Best Creative Color Entry (#PMPOP)
Best in Blonding (#PMBLONDE)
Step 2: How to Enter on Instagram
- Participants must have an Instagram account and post on their Instagram profile their competition look(s) with the hashtag for the category they are entering (either #PMPOP or #PMBLONDE)
- Submissions must also include hashtag #PaulMitchellColor
- Contest hashtags must be in the caption (not in the comment)
- Participants may post as many pictures as they would like for any or all categories
- Entrants must use Paul Mitchell Professional Hair Color for submissions
- All images must have been created on or after April 1, 2020
One grand prize winner will be chosen for each category, and presented with an array of prizes:
$1,500 (USD) cash prize
$1,500 (USD) in Paul Mitchell products (including tools)
Color Outside the Lines Trophy
Work featured in the Paul Mitchell Professional Marketing Collateral, including salon merchandising, brochures and a digital feature with JPMS, which will be shared on Instagram, e-Blast, and PMPro.com
For more information about the Color Outside the Lines contest including full details about how to compete, official rules and other tips, please visit paulmitchell/cotl.com.