Backstage Beauty: Issey Miyake Fall 2012
At the Issey Miyake Fall 2012 Paris show, hair was inspired by the idea of the cross section of a beautiful mineral rock, with degrees of layered shine.
Wella Professionals Global Creative Director Eugene Soulieman explains, "I wanted to create a graphic, slick, minimal hair style that provided multiple focal points. The hair needed to be light, fresh and straight at the back, with a more masculine feel at the front of the head. There is also a tension in the hair look that makes it feel sculpted in a clean, controlled way. The application of a ‘stripe’ of gel through the hair creates an extra detail which adds to the overall minimal effect and plays on the concepts of texture and shine."
Get the Look:
1. Start with freshly washed and conditioned hair using Wella Professionals Enrich Shampoo and Conditioner.
2. Apply Wella Professionals Velvet Amplifier to damp hair and blow dry straight using a round brush to flatten the cuticle and continue to blow-dry with a round brush.
3. When hair is dry, create a diagonal parting across the head.
4. Next, section off the hair from behind the ears and across the top of the head and pull back in to a tight, low pony tail. Spray Wella Professionals Stay Essential Finishing Spray on to a soft bristle brush and brush this through the hair to create a clean, shiny surface area (spraying the hair spray on to the brush rather than directly on to the hair helps to finely distribute the product).
5. Tie the pony tail with elastic.
6. Take the hair from the sides of the head, one side at a time and tie in to the ponytail with elastic, ensuring that you continue to spray the brush with hair spray and smooth the hair as you go.
7. Using Wella Professionals Shape Shift Molding Gum, apply to a strip of hair on one side of the parting using a tint brush and painting on to the surface of the hair.
· Wella Professionals Enrich Shampoo
· Wella Professionals Enrich Conditioner
· Wella Professionals Velvet Amplifier Style Primer
· Wella Professionals Stay Essential Finishing Spray
· Wella Professionals Shape Shift Molding Gum
[Images courtesy of DeVries Public Relations]
Other Backstage Beauty Articles: Antonio Marras | Paul Smith | Alexander McQueen | Valentino | Prabal Gurung | Catherine Malandrino | Roberto Cavalli | Alice + Olivia | Jill Stuart | Marc Jacobs | Lauren Moffatt | Rag + Bone | Peter Som Fall | Katie Gallagher | Rachel Roy | Christian Siriano | Derek Lam and Diane Von Furstenberg | Richard Chai | Houghton | Tadashi Shoji