Bridal styling can sometimes be trying because it takes extreme planning and communication to have the bride looking perfect for the big day.
Errin Bennett, senior stylist at Rituals Salon & Spa in Midlothian, Virginia, shares a how-to for creating perfectly prepped hair for bridal styling, and a great foundation for an organic-looking bridal bun.
Organic Bridal Bun Step-by-Step:
- Use Eufora Bodifying Shampoo and Conditioner to provide moisture and shine without weighing hair down.
- Apply Leaf & Flower 7 Minute Blowout Spray all over the hair.
- Apply Kevin.Murphy Body Builder Mousse to the roots to build a voluminous blowout with shine and movement.
- Rough-dry hair using hands and the Freestylist until hair is 80 percent dry.
- Working in sections, use an Ergo Round Brush to lift up at the root and create volume.
- Set with a light- to medium-hold hairspray like Davines that has flexible hold and a natural finish.
- Curl hair with a 1.25-inch barrel curling iron and let cool.
- Spray all over with Kevin.Murphy Doo Over Powder Spray to create texture and maximum hold.
- Pin a donut in the center of the back of the head, twist hair in 1-inch sections and secure into the donut using U-shaped hair pins. A slight tease to the crown will build more body.
- Gently pull out a few face-framing pieces for softness.
- Add fresh flowers or a bedazzled piece to accessorize.
- Set with Kevin.Murphy Session Hairspray for ultimate hold.
Sample Bridal Preparation Plan:
- 4-6 Weeks: updo and makeup consultations with facial
- 2 Weeks: relaxing massage and wax
- Week of: lashes, manicure and pedicure
- Day of: updo and makeup application