For the hair look at Byblos' Spring/Summer 2017 presentation at Milan Fashion Week, UNITE artist Nick Irwin opted for a sporty, gym-chic style to complement the collection's overall look. "The look for Byblos SS17 was a younger, sporty vibe," says Nick. "Clothes were inspired by late 70’s early 80’s ski wear, with color-blocking and an element of pop art. We decided to go with a look that was effortless but modern and youthful at the same time.
"With Byblos being a classic Italian fashion brand, we still wanted to pay respect to their history," he continues. "We imagined her style would be a classic blow dry, but then later she would have been to the gym and clipped bits of her hair back — so this look was 'post workout,' [with] elements of the hair being beautiful and elements being slightly sweaty. It was about keeping an individuality to the look and not cloning girls, but at the same time keeping a nuance which stayed in tune with the collection. There had to be a lightness to the hair so when the girls walked the hair moved; the key way to make this work was not over use products."
Get the Look:
- "To damp hair, I applied UNITE Elevate Mousse to the roots and mid lengths of the hair, leaving out random strands of hair around the hairline," says Nick.
- "The hair was then blown out using a UNITE large round brush to create root lift and a slight bend in the hair.
- "Then, taking random sections spraying the hair with UNITE Go 365 hairspray with the light setting, the hair was then slightly waved with a curl stick.
- "Using the fingers, hair was dressed out randomly without over thinking.
- "The hair through the sides and top was pinned in a irregular fashion, so half up and half down.
- "Each girl had her own individual style created by promoting her natural hairline using UNITE 7 Seconds Glossing Spray to make the hair look a little bit sweaty in places."