Paul Mitchell has dropped its first tea tree line specifically for natural curls.
According to the professional website, the Lavender Mint Tea Tree collection is ideal for coarse, curly and dry hair. It nourishes strands and helps fight frizz. Infused hydrating ingredients, this hair care regimen provides essential moisture to help tame waves, curls and coils, and leaves textured hair healthy and conditioned. Calming lavender and mint extracts put the mind at ease.
The line includes the following products:
- Lavender Mint Moisturizing Cowash: Creamy, no-lather rinse gently cleanses the scalp and nourishes dry, coarse hair and natural curls for added manageability.
- Lavender Mint Defining Gel: Provides deep hydration to enhance texture, lock out humidity and define curls without leaving them stiff, crunchy or weighed down.
- Lavender Mint Taming Cream: Shapes and nourishes curly and wavy hair without weighing it down for controlled natural styles or a smooth blowout.
- Lavender Mint Moisture Milk: Adds layerable moisture, shine and definition to hair.
- Lavender Mint Curl Refresh Foam: Refreshes second-day hair for extended styling, enhances natural hair and revitalizes curls, leaving hair full and refreshed.
- Lavender Mint Overnight Moisture Therapy: Restores and repairs as you sleep for healthy, hydrated hair.
- Lavender Mint Nourishing Oil: Fast-absorbing, layerable, multi-benefit oil absorbs quickly to help fight frizz and humidity, seal split ends, soften and smooth.
The hero product, Moisturizing Cowash, is made to replace shampoo once or twice a week in order to help curls remain hydrated, soft, and manageable. From Paul Mitchell's blog, it's important to use a product specifically made for cowashing instead of just regular conditioner, because it cleanses the scalp and doesn't leave buildup.
The line also includes everything curly girls need for the LOC Method, a product-layering technique that helps curls retain moisture. The blog continues, "While the amount of product used should be customized to fit the needs of hair, the order of application always stays the same. We didn't invent this method, but it's great to know that the Lavender Mint products in our Tea Tree brand has all of the products needed to accommodate this method."
The LOC method is as follows:
- L is for leave-in conditioner that is liquid-based like Lavender Mint Leave-In Conditioner.
- O is for oil like Lavender Mint Nourishing Oil.
- C is for cream like Lavender Mint Taming Cream.
[Images and video courtesy of Paul Mitchell]