1. NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT IS NECESSARY IN ORDER TO ENTER THE CONTEST. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
2. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. All Contests are void where prohibited by law and subject to all local, state and federal laws, rules and regulations. Other restrictions may apply.
ELIGIBILITY. Participation is open to legal residents of the United States, including the District of Columbia, who are at least 18 years of age or older as of the date of entry. Each entrant must post a video (either live vocal or lip-sync) on their Instagram, Facebook or YouTube account with hashtag #WetBrushSingOff singing a song while using a WetBrush as a microphone. Each entrant can be a solo performer, a duet or a group of singers! After the video has been posted on Instagram, Facebook or YouTube, the entrant must submit their online entry in accordance with Paragraph 5, below.
No automated entry devices and/or programs permitted. Only fully completed entry forms are eligible. Employees and their immediate family members (parents, siblings, children and spouse, and persons residing in the same household whether related or not) of the Sponsor, and of their affiliates and their advertising, promotional or other agents, and of all other companies associated with the Contest, are not eligible to enter or win. Any entry that does not comply with such requirements will be disqualified and not eligible for inclusion in the Contest. Entries must be completed between 12:00 AM PT on October 1, 2018 and 11:59 PM PT on November 6, 2018.
3. LIMITS ON ENTRIES. An individual will participate in the Contest, as explained further below, for providing their first and last name, email address and video website address. Enter this contest as many times as you like, but each video needs to be different.
4. START/END DATES. The Contest begins at 12:00 AM PT on October 1, 2018 and ends at 11:59 PM PT on November 6, 2018. All online entries must be received by 11:59 PM PT on November 6, 2018.
5. HOW TO ENTER. Each entrant must post a video (either live vocal or lip-sync) on their Instagram, Facebook or YouTube account with hashtag #WetBrushSingOff singing a song while using a WetBrush as a microphone. Each entrant can be a solo performer, a duet or a group of singers! After the video has been posted on Instagram, Facebook or YouTube, the Contest must be entered by submitting an entry using the online form provided at www.beautylaunchpad.com/wetbrush. The entry must fulfill the Contest requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Late or incomplete entries are null and void. By entering, all Entrants hereby agree to abide by these Official Rules. SPONSOR'S DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES, DO NOT ENTER THE CONTEST.
6. HOW TO WIN. For the Contest, the Sponsor will select One (1) grand prize winner and Four (4) runner-up prize winners in accordance with Paragraph 8, below, from among all eligible entries. The panel of judges shall include the Beauty Launchpad Editors who will pick the five (5) best videos of a singer or singers using a WetBrush as a microphone. The winners will be announced on the Beauty Launchpad website and social channels no later than December 7, 2018. Notification to potential winners will be handled in accordance with Paragraph 10, below.
7. PRIZE. The prizes awarded in this Contest are as follows:
a. One (1) grand prize winner will receive $1,500 cash and a WetBrush Package (a $250 value). The grand prize has an approximate retail value (“APR”) of $1,750.00.
b. Four (4) runner-up prize winners will receive a WetBrush Package (a $250 value). Each runner-up prize has an approximate retail value (“APR”) of $250.00.
Each prize may not be transferred or exchanged for another prize. The announced prize will be awarded. In the case of unavailability of any prize, the Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. The Sponsor is responsible for mailing the cash prize to the grand prize winner. The Co-sponsor is responsible for mailing the WetBrush Package prizes to the grand prize winner and runner-up prize winners. The winners of the Contest need to provide the Sponsor with their mail address.
ALL FEDERAL, STATE, AND LOCAL TAXES ARE SOLELY THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE RESPECTIVE WINNER. Any difference between the stated estimated value of the prize and the actual value will not be awarded. The winners agree to accept the prize “as is.” The prize is nonrefundable and nontransferable. The Sponsor is not required to (but may, in their sole discretion) offer a substitution, or an alternative to a prize awarded under this Contest.
8. CONSUMER DISCLOSURE. The odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received in the Contest.
9. NOTIFICATION. The winners of the Contest will be notified by email by November 19, 2018. If a winner is unreachable after seven (7) days, or if that winner is unavailable for prize fulfillment, an alternate winner will be selected. For the names of the winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope after December 7, 2018 to Creative Age Communications, Inc., Attn: Beauty Launchpad Editors, 7628 Densmore Ave., Van Nuys, CA 91406-2042, USA. To receive the prize, the winners may be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Release confirming eligibility and compliance with the Contest rules.
10. GENERAL RULES. By entering the Contest, entrants fully and unconditionally agree to be bound by these rules and the decision of the Sponsor, which will be final and binding in all matters relating to the Contest, and further specifically agree as follows: the Sponsor, and their respective agents, licensees, successors and assigns, shall have the right, without compensation, to use the name and email address, and other information provided by all entrants for advertising, publicity and promotional purposes, and the right to use the name, voice, image, likeness and biographical data of all winners for publicity, advertising and promotional purposes; and entrant waives, releases and holds harmless Creative Age Communications, Inc., and their agents, licensees, successors and assigns from and against any liability of any kind resulting from or relating to the Contest, the prize and/or any such advertising, publicity and promotion.
Entrants acknowledge, understand, and agree that each of them assumes liability for, and all risks of, any and all injuries (including without limitation, personal injury or death) or damages caused, or claimed to be caused, by participating in the Contest and receiving and/or using any prizes thereof, and that Entrants, their heirs, next of kin, spouse, guardians, legal representatives, executors, administrators, successors and assigns, hereby unconditionally and irrevocably release, indemnify, forever discharge and hold Creative Age Communications, Inc., and their respective agents, licensees, successors and assigns, harmless from and against any and all claims, demands, liens, agreements, suits, costs, attorneys’ fees, damages, judgments, orders, and liabilities of whatever kind or nature in law, equity or otherwise, whether known or unknown, suspected or unsuspected, and whether or not concealed or hidden, inclusive of any claims for damage to property, personal injury, illness, mental illness, or death, or claims based on defamation, rights of privacy, intellectual property rights, and rights of publicity, in any way arising directly or indirectly out of the Entrants’ participation in the Contest and/or prize.
Entrants hereby waive application of California Civil Code Section 1542 which provides as follows:
A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR.
Entrants expressly waive the provisions of Section 1542 of the California Civil Code as well as any other statutes, rules, laws, ordinances, or common law principles or other authority of similar effect of any jurisdiction, and further waive any right to invoke said provisions now or in the future with regard to the Contest. Entrants and the Winner further acknowledge and agree that this waiver is an essential and material term of these Official Rules and the Contest.
11. MISCELLANEOUS CONDITIONS. EXCEPT TO THE EXTENT PRE-EMPTED BY FEDERAL OR OTHER APPLICABLE STATE LAW, THE CONTEST SHALL BE GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA, WITHOUT GIVING EFFECT TO ANY CONFLICT OF LAW PROVISIONS THEREOF. ENTRANTS UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT ALL CLAIMS, DISPUTES OR CONTROVERSIES BETWEEN ENTRANT AND THE CONTEST ENTITIES SHALL BE RESOLVED BY FINAL AND BINDING ARBITRATION IN THE COUNTY OF LOS ANGELES, STATE OF CALIFORNIA. BY ENTERING, ENTRANTS VOLUNTARILY AND KNOWINGLY WAIVE ANY RIGHT THEY HAVE TO A JURY TRIAL. THIS ARBITRATION CONTRACT IS MADE PURSUANT TO A TRANSACTION IN INTERSTATE COMMERCE AND ITS INTERPRETATION, APPLICATION, ENFORCEMENT AND PROCEEDINGS HEREUNDER SHALL BE GOVERNED BY THE FEDERAL ARBITRATION ACT (“FAA”), AND SUCH PROCEEDINGS SHALL BE CONDUCTED BY JUDICIAL ARBITRATION AND MEDIATION SERVICES, INC. (“JAMS”), IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE PROCEDURAL RULES FOR COMMERCIAL DISPUTES SET FORTH IN THE COMPREHENSIVE ARBITRATION RULES AND PROCEDURES OF JAMS. THE TRIBUNAL WILL CONSIST OF ONE ARBITRATOR. THE PREVAILING PARTY SHALL BE ENTITLED TO AN AWARD OF ITS REASONABLE ATTORNEYS’ FEES AND ACTUAL COSTS INCURRED IN SUCH ACTION. THE ARBITRATOR SHALL BE BOUND TO APPLY AND ENFORCE THE TERMS OF THE OFFICIAL RULES AND THE ARBITRATOR’S DECISION WILL BE FINAL, BINDING, AND ENFORCEABLE IN A COURT OF COMPETENT JURISDICTION. NEITHER ENTRANT NOR SPONSOR SHALL BE ENTITLED TO JOIN OR CONSOLIDATE CLAIMS IN ARBITRATION BY OR AGAINST OTHER CONSUMERS OR ARBITRATE ANY CLAIM AS A REPRESENTATIVE OR MEMBER OF A CLASS.
12. OFFICIAL RULES. During the Contest period, Official Rules requests may be sent to Creative Age Communications, Inc., Attn: Beauty Launchpad Editors, 7628 Densmore Ave., Van Nuys, CA 91406-2042. Rules requests must include a self-addressed, stamped envelope. Residents of VT may omit return postage for rules requests.
13. SPONSOR. The Contest is sponsored and administered solely by the Sponsor, who is solely responsible and liable for the Contest they sponsor. The following is the address of the Sponsor:
Creative Age Communications, Inc., 7628 Densmore Ave., Van Nuys, CA 91406-2042
14. CO-SPONSOR. The following is the address of the Co-sponsor:
WetBrush, 5 Adams Ave., Hauppauge, NY 11788-3605
15. DISCLAIMER. The Sponsor disclaims any responsibility or liability for late, lost, illegible or stolen entries; or computer system, telephone line, hardware, software or program malfunctions; or other errors, failures or delays in computer transmission, network connections, or postal delivery, whether human or technical in nature.
16. QUESTIONS. For questions regarding this Contest, please contact us Monday-Friday during the hours of 9:00am-5:00pm PT at email@example.com or (800) 442-4667.