Clients want the best work in the least amount of time.
“We need to get creative right now by taking things that are complicated and making them seem easy,” explains Sam Villa, cofounder and chief creative officer for Sam Villa and global artistic ambassador for Redken.
Sam Villa has five time-saving hair hacks to get your clients out of the salon in good time:
- Focus on the Top When blow-drying in a hurry, spend most of the time getting the hair's top surface smoothed out so that it masks the hair underneath. Try to use a blowdryer with ionic generation and powerful airflow to reduce static and frizz and promote a smooth surface, like the Sam Villa Light Professional Ionic Blow Dryer.
- Fringe First Whether blow-drying or air-drying the majority of the hair, take five minutes to blow-dry the fringe first. Using the small teeth of a long cutting comb creates the tension needed to redirect growth patterns.
- Let Hair Air-Dry Apply a cream like Redken No Blow Dry Just Right Cream to damp hair, comb through, and let air-dry.
- Use Hybrid Tools that Multitask For instance, the Sam Villa Pro Results 3-in-1 Blow Dry Hot Brush has the addition of a blowdryer. It smoothes, adds volume, dries and straightens strands all in one step.
- Prep Beforehand Advise your client that prior to going to bed, take sections around the head and spray the roots and midshafts with a dry shampoo. When she awakens, voila: gorgeous second-day hair!