Lustrous silken locks made a statement on the red carpet of the 70th Primetime Emmy Awards with sculpted, polished looks on the likes of Padma Lakshmi and Netflix original, The Crown’s Vanessa Kirby, nominated for Best Supporting Actress in a Drama Series.
The celebrity stylists behind these glossy dos give us the ins and outs of how they achieved these looks.
Get the Look:
Padma Lakshmi; Hair by Michael Dueñas
- Prep damp hair with Garnier Fructis Smooth Blow Dry and Garnier Fructis Damage Eraser.
- Working in horizontal sections, use a large round Oribe brush, pulling up from the root to get maximum volume.
- Roll every other section over the brush, and then the next under the brush, to keep texture.
- Once finished, use Amika flat iron from 3/4 down the hair shaft to the ends to straighten the ends completely.
- Finish the look with R+Co Outerspace Hairspray and Garnier Fructis Frizz Guard.
Vanessa Kirby; Hair by Bryce Scarlett
- On damp hair, use a dime size amount of Moroccanoil Treatment Light to provide the perfect foundation for styling.
- Next apply, Moroccanoil Volumizing Mousse at the roots of the hair and Morccocanoil Blow Dry Concentrate at the ends to create a smooth and polished blowout.
- Blow out the hair using the Moroccanoil Professional Ceramic Hair Dryer. For maximum volume, use a Moroccanoil 45 MM Boar Bristle Round Brush, wrapping the hair around the head and blow dry in each direction to give a smooth, sleek blow out. Finish the blow out with a deep side part.
- Next, take hair into big sections and loosely curl the hair with a 1 ¼” curling iron to create subtle body waves.
- Then, spray Moroccanoil Dry Texture Spray throughout the hair while back combing the roots to create a sculpted voluminous hold.
- Lastly, spray hair with Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray Medium to finish the look.
When speaking to the inspiration, Moroccanoil Celebrity Hairstylist, Bryce Scarlett said that the “look was inspired by Vanessa’s Tom Ford pale pink gown. Her silk column dress was elegant and sleek, and we wanted to make sure that her hair felt very sophisticated and polished to go with her gorgeous dress.”