For her recent appearance at the Trolls movie premiere in LA, Anna Kendrick paired her midnight blue velvet dress with a low, crimped ponytail created by celebrity stylist Craig Gangi.
"Her dress is soft and sweet,” said Craig, “so I wanted to rough up her hair to complement it in an edgier way." The end result is a thick, textured style that elevates the everyday pony into something red carpet-worthy. Recreate the look in the salon with Craig’s how-to, below!
Get the Look:
- Apply Matrix Style Link Smooth Setter Smoothing Cream to damp hair. Blow-dry straight with a round brush.
- When completely dry, flat iron all hair straight. Spray each section with Matrix Style Link Heat Buffer Thermal Styling Spray before running through with the iron to protect from heat damage.
- Once hair is straight, create a middle part. Then take small, random sections around the head and crimp from root to end.
- Pull hair back into a low ponytail. Create different textures within the ponytail by crimping and flat ironing alternating pieces.
- Crimp a large section and wrap around the elastic. Secure with pins.
- Tease the ponytail and then spray Matrix Style Link Style Fixer Finishing Hairspray all over to lock in the look.