Schwarzkopf Professional Brand Ambassador Michael Dueñas created a glamorous look for Orange is the New Black star Taryn Manning at last night's 66th Annual Emmy Awards. Says Dueñas, "Taryn's dress [was] a gorgeous vintage gown. I wanted to tie her dress and hair together, but also bring it into the modern age. For this reason, I went polished waves in the front to tousled texture in the back."
Get the Look
"To get her look, I used IGORA ROYAL 7-2 with 20 volume to lift her natural base from a level 5 to a level 7," explains Dueñas. "Then, using IGORA VIVIANCE level 7, I lightly painted unevenly from root to about an 1.5-inch away from scalp, to simulate a grown-out look. Her ends are lifted with BLONDME Lightening Powder and toned with BLONDME Caramel toner."
1. On damp hair, apply two golf ball sizes of OSiS+ Grip, spritz with OSiS+ Session Label Flexible Hold Hairspray to the roots, and blow dry with a vent brush, focusing on adding volume at the scalp.
2. Create a deep side part just past the mid-eyebrow and start with the heavy side of the head, taking a one-inch section from the crown to hairline. Split into one-inch sections.
3. Using a half-inch rod curling iron, curl each section towards the face and pin until cool. Continue from behind the ear moving forward curling and then pinning hair in place.
4. On the lighter side of the head, take one-inch sections from just behind the ear and hold the iron horizontal, curling the entire section at once away from the face. Work from the part down until you have curled all of the hair.
5. For the back of the head, take two-inch sections in a brick-lay pattern and curl each section, vertically in different directions.
6. Use a wide tooth comb to rake out the curls in the front, forming them into a wave. Brush out the rest of the head with your fingers and touch up with a Mason Pearson Brush.
7. Lock in the look with OSiS+ Session Label Strong Hold Hairspray.
[Image: David Livingston via Getty Images]