From Rosamund Pike's slick knot to Emmy Rossum's glossy strands, sleek locks won the red carpet at the 2019 Golden Globes. Here, we share a few of our favorite looks.
- On damp hair, use a dime-size amount of Moroccanoil Treatment Light.
- Apply Moroccanoil Volumizing Mousse to the roots and Moroccanoil Blow Dry Concentrate at the ends to facilitate a sleek blowout.
- Create a center part and smooth the hair back into a low ponytail. Secure hair with Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray Strong.
- Wet the remaining length of the ponytail with hairspray and comb through.
- Mold the damp hair into a small, tight, low chignon bun.
- Mist hair with Moroccanoil Glimmer Shine to add shine.
Style recreated by Aly Davis.
*Asterisks indicate products not used by stylist.
- Prep hair with Kavella Volumizing Shampoo and Conditioner*.
- Place Surface Push Styling Powder* on roots to mid-shafts, then apply a smoothing serum from mid- lengths to ends on towel-dried hair.
- Blow-dry using Hot Tools Black Gold Turbo Ionic Salon Dryer* with the WetBrush Pro Tourmaline Blowout Brush* for expansion and smoothness.
- Once dry, apply Kenra Professional Texturizing Mist* to add texture.
- Starting at the nape of the neck, about 1 to 2 inches out from the base, backcomb hair.
- After backcombing, take a styling brush and gently smooth the hair’s surface, brushing it away from the face and focusing on smoothing the sides back.
- Mist with a firm-hold hairspray.
- Administer a heavy coat of Lakmé k.style Polish Smooth & Shine Sheen Spray* for a glossy finish
Style created by Adir Abergel, celebrity stylist.
- Prep strands the night before using Virtue Restorative Treatment Mask to lend a moisturized foundation for high shine.
- Create a deep side part, and use the ghd Air Hair Dryer to blow-dry.
- Section hair, then flat-iron with the ghd Platinum+ Styler.
- Smooth Virtue Polish Un-Frizz Cream from roots to ends.
- Clip the top side-swept section away from the rest of the hair and brush the remainder away from the face so that it lays flat against the neck.
- Apply Virtue Texturizing Spray on the side-swept section for a soft finish.
- Take sections of the hair from either side of the temple and secure them below the crown with an elastic.
- Bind hair tightly with a black thread and needle.
- Spritz Virtue Finale Shaping Spray for hold.
This story first appeared in the March issue of Beauty Launchpad magazine. To receive the magazine, click here to subscribe.
[Images: Getty Images]