For Lanvin’s Spring/Summer 2015 show in Paris, Redken Creative Consultant Guido created a classic knot accompanied by an elegant gold hair accessory to complement the range of both young and mature models, emphasizing Lanvin’s ability to adapt to all types of beauty. Guido used Mess Around 10 Disrupting Cream-Paste to add texture to the hair before raking it with his fingers into a ponytail. He sprayed Redken’s new Wind Blown 05 Dry Finishing Spray to create airy, undone pieces before twisting the ponytail into a knot, secured by the gold comb, and finishing with Forceful 23.
“I did very simple hair here with Mess Around 10 Disrupting Cream-Paste and using my fingers to rake the hair back and put it in a classic knot," says Guido. "I applied a gold hair accessory underneath the knot to add a little bit of sheath and glamour… The show features a wide mix of girls – some feminine and some mature, which proves just how conducive Lanvin is to different kinds of beauty.”
Get the Look:
1. Start with dry hair, and blow-dry hair straight back.
2. Emulsify a nickel-size amount of Mess Around 10 Disrupting Cream-Paste into hands and run through dry hair. Comb hair straight back using fingers.
3. Gather hair into a ponytail a few inches above the nape of neck in the center of head. Secure with elastic.
4. Generously spray Wind Blown 05 Dry Finishing Spray all over ponytail to create airy texture.
5. Twist hair into a knot and secure with open fasteners.
6. Finish with Forceful 23 Super Strength Finishing Spray all over head. Apply gold comb underneath the knot for added elegant touch.
[Photo credit: Lucas Flores Piran for Redken]