Vintage Hollywood glam can be extremely edgy and cool. Joi Rooks, KMS® California Artistic Team Member and owner of fresche salon (Atlanta, GA), has a simple 15 minute technique for creating retro finger waves that are hipster worthy. See the technique on video here:
Mason Pearson Brush
KMS® California FREESHAPE® hot flex creme
KMS® California FREESHAPE® hot flex spray
KMS® California HAIRSTAY® anti-humidity seal
· Prep hair with KMS® California FREESHAPE® hot flex creme and blow dry to a smooth finish.
· Take a vertical section and spray with KMS® California FREESHAPE® hot flex spray to protect and hold.
· Put a clip at the level of bang line.
· Take the hair from the clip down and form an s pattern with hands.
· Compress down the s pattern with the flat iron so heat locks in the shape.
· Clip the s pattern into place to cool.
· Repeat, moving around the head, placing each ear level clip slightly lower than the previous.
· Let cool and remove all clips.
· Spray KMS® California HAIRSTAY® anti-humidity seal onto the brush and gently brush through to add shine and control.
The end result produces soft waves that have the s pattern of traditional 1940’s finger waves with a more pliable expanded texture.
[Video courtesy of Glow Communications]