Frank Rizzieri and Kevin Ryan for Aveda create wind-blown, road trip style for the Rebecca Taylor Spring Summer 2013 Fashion Show.
“This style looks totally effortless,” says Kevin Ryan for Aveda. “It’s laid-back and untroubled – think of driving along the coast with the windows down – sexy, pretty, natural.”
- Prep hair by spritzing with Aveda Pure Abundance Style Prep from roots to ends and blow-dry hair away from face with fingers or a brush to remove kinks or curls.
- Part hair on the left side above the eye.
- Use a beveled flat iron or a large-barreled curling iron to direct hair back and away from the face by loosely wrapping the hair around your tool of choice.
- Start at the hairline around the face, working backward in haphazard sections, letting hair fall into loose bends as you release it from the iron.
- Mist with Aveda Air Control Hairspray, massaging and tousling hair - or blowing back with hairdryer - to mimic a windblown effect.
- Finish with Air Control Hairspray.
[Images: Jon Gurinsky for Aveda]
Other New York Fashion Week Spring/Summer 2013 Collections: Joanna Mastroianni | Timo Weiland | Monique Lhuillier | Christian Siriano | Band of Outsiders | Suno | Houghton | Charlotte Ronson | Monika Chiang | Tadashi Shoji | Costello Tagliapietra | Honor | DKNY | Erin Fetherston | Peter Som | Derek Lam | Top New York Fashion Week Hair Styles