Taking bleached-out blondes and faded color from summer to fall/winter is one thing, but nowadays, more and more clients have variegated color. For guests with numerous shades, multiple steps need to take place in order to take them to a more consistent color form ends to tips.
“This particular client was quite the challenge," says Tim Maguire, stylist at Aurelio Salon in Howell, NJ. "She came in with about 4 inches of new growth with old highlights on her ends that were a faded mint green. Months before, she had colored her hair herself to make it lavender and the green was the faded out result.” Maguire helped her go from mint to rose gold with the following steps:
Sea Foam Green to Rose Gold
New growth: level 7; mid-shaft and ends: level 9 minty, sea foam green
A: Goldwell Oxycur Platin Lightening Powder 20vol
B: Toner 20ml 10BB Goldwell Colorance 40ml Colorance Core Lotion
C: Goldwell Elumen 30ml GB@9, 10ml Clear, 2ml GK@all, 1ml PK@all
1. Touch up highlights with Formula A and process, rinse and shampoo with Goldwell Dualsenses Fade Stop Shampoo.
2. Loosen up the existing color on the ends by applying Goldwell Silk Lift for 15 minutes under the dryer.
3. Tone with Formula B for 10 minutes, rinse and shampoo with Goldwell Elumen Wash.
4. Glaze with Formula C and process for 15 minutes under the dryer, then rinse until the water runs clear.
5. Shampoo with Goldwell Elumen Wash again, and then apply Elumen Lock and process 5 minutes, rinse and condition with Goldwell Elumen Treat.
The result? Gorgeous, on-trend, wintery rose-gold hair color!
[Image courtesy of Glow Communications]