Actress Olivia Munn recently debuted a new, shorter hairstyle at the premiere of her latest film, Office Christmas Party. The choppy, shoulder-skimming lob — a whopping 12 inches shorter than her previous ‘do — was effortlessly tousled, lending an edgy, cool air to her overall look.
“We’ve talked about cutting her hair for quite some time now, but tonight we finally did it! In the end, it was about 12 inches off," said Olivia's stylist, Christian Wood. "To complement this new look, we wanted a style that was cool and effortless. Her hair is quite straight naturally so we went a bit choppier with the cut and created an overall undone look.”
Get the Look:
- Apply Matrix Style Link Blowout Curvy Queen throughout damp hair. It’s great for those with naturally straight hair like Olivia’s as it helps create waves. Flip head over and rough-dry to add extra volume all over and give the ends a piecey look.
- Once completely dry, use a medium curling iron to create loose waves. Take small pieces, leaving out the ends, and alternate the direction of each wave — one left, one right — for a more non-uniform, beachy look.
- Let cool about five minutes, then flip hair upside down again and shake out the waves. Flip back up and apply Matrix Style Link Mineral Booster to the root area for texture.
- Spray Matrix Style Link Texture Builder Messy Finish Spray randomly throughout the mid-lengths and ends for an airy hold.
- To finish, sweep some hair over to create a deep side part. Lightly mist Matrix Biolage R.A.W. Replenish Oil Mist for some shine.
To pair with her new style, celebrity makeup artist Patrick Ta created a bronzed and bold makeup look for Olivia’s walk down the red carpet. “Olivia's intricate white dress and new haircut inspired me to create a fresh-faced look that featured a bold red lip to give a Hollywood feel without looking overdone,” said Ta.
To get the look, Ta used LORAC Los Angeles products for a flawless finish. To create a sun-kissed glow, he used TANtalizer Baked Bronzer and Color Source Buildable Blush in Cinematic, along with the eyeshadow shade Undiscovered from the LORAC Unzipped Palette as a highlighter.
For Olivia’s eyes, he used the Unzipped Palette in Unleashed and coated lashes with LORAC PRO’s Lash Pomade Mascara. To complete the look, and add a pop of dramatic color, Ta used Alter Ego Lip Liner and Lipstick, both in Pin Up.