Joico Celebrity Hairstylist, Paul Norton, recently worked with actress and model Olivia Culpo to get her ready for the International Style Institute in Los Angeles. Paul created this flirty-meets-serious style he describes as “Power Babe.” Says Paul, "For Olivia's look… we decided to create a mix of serious girl boss vibes with a fun flirty texture." The end result is a super chic, super wearable style that’ll take your client from the board room to girls’ night. See Paul’s how-to so you can recreate the look, below!
Get the Look:
- “I started off by doing a simply blow out,” says Paul. “I blew Olivia's hair out with JoiWhip using a large round brush until fully dry.
- “I sprayed Joico Hair Shake from roots to end to create more texture. This also helps me have more control over the hair while still looking ‘undone.’
- “I finger-combed back the hair to create some dimension at the base.
- “I then gathered the hair into a mid-level ponytail, confining it with a clear elastic band.
- “I took a 1-inch piece of hair from the ponytail and wrapped it around the elastic to conceal it, keeping the hair in place with 2 bobby pins.
- “Taking a 1 1/4-inch curling iron, I grabbed sections of the ponytail to create large bends throughout to add more texture.
- “I took a large tooth comb to break up the curls and create a fuller effect.
- “Lastly, I used Joico Flip Turn hairspray to ensure the bends would hold as well as to detail the edges of the hairline for any unwanted fly-aways.”