Since 2007, Aveda has been dedicated to protecting clean water. With April being Earth Month, the brand is celebrating its 10 year anniversary by continuing to champion such a crucial cause with an array of fundraising events and activities this month.
Among the exciting fundraising initiatives taking place are Catwalks for Water, Appointments for Clean Water, and the Global Cut-a-Thon, which earned a Guinness World Record for the Most Money Raised for Charity Through Haircuts in 24 Hours in 2013. This year, Aveda plans to make an even bigger impact with its Catwalks for Clean Water 2016 events, which will raise money for 50 clean water partners around the world - over twice as many as in 2007.
For the past 10 years, Aveda has also donated 100% of the full $12 suggested retail price of its signature, limited edition Light the Way candles to Global Greengrants Funds, a non-profit organization that channels high-impact grants to grassroots groups seeking to solve pressing environmental problems.
Clean Water by the Numbers
In working with the Global Greengrants Fund, Aveda has so far:
- Provided 1,545 grants in 84 countries
- Positively impacting more than 817,000 lives with water-related earth-preserving projects
- Worked with 522 communities to fight toxic pollution
- Helped devote 101,000 acres to sustainable agriculture
- Engaged nearly 36,000 women in working toward clean water
- Galvanized 1,900 communities to address climate change, which contributes to water shortages and scarify across the globe
To find out more about Aveda's list of events this Earth Month, please visit http://www.aveda.com/earthmonth/index.tmpl?SalonID=16913.