Campbell McAuley created Shailene Woodley’s stunning look using Matrix products. To compliment her Valentino Couture gown, stylist Campbell McAuley wanted to give Shailene a simple, glamorous hairstyle that would really pop. The high neckline and pattern of the fabric inspired a 70’s style textured chignon with a Moroccan twist. The wrapped pieces of the chignon were intended to mirror the textures of the dress.
1. Starting with wet hair, applied MATRIX Total Results Amplify Wonder Boost Root Lifter to give the base of the hair volume.
2. Blow dried hair with a round brush to smooth the texture.
3. Set hair in Velcro rollers for one hour.
4. Removed rollers, brushed out curls and worked MATRIX Total Results Sleek Silk Wonder Smoothing Oil from roots to end for shine.
5. Gathered all hair into a textured ponytail at the crown of the head.
6. Twisted small sections of the ponytail and wrapped them up to the base of the hair to make a round shape
6. Half way through, wrapped remaining sections around the round shape to give it a criss-cross texture.
7. Finished with MATRIX Design Pulse Hard Lock Hairspray to hold the style in place.
1) MATRIX Total Results Amplify Wonder Boost Root Lifter
2) MATRIX Total Results Sleek Silk Wonder Smoothing Oil
3) MATRIX Design Pulse Hard Lock Hairspray
[Image: Frazer Harrison/Getty Images Entertainment]