Makeup at the Badgley Mischka NYFW Fall/Winter 17/18 runway showed off sumptuous “velvet slipper” lips, Lauren Bacall-inspired brows and dreamy, glossy eyelids, all created using INGLOT products. “My inspiration for this look is graceful winter beauty,” said Alice Lane, lead makeup artist sponsored by INGLOT. “The look is bold but still refined. The eyes sparkle and the cheeks are flushed to give the effect of a winter walk in the forest. Inspiration comes from soft pillows, velvet slippers, log fires and red wine.”
INGLOT also sponsored the edgy, black amethyst-inspired beauty look for the Michael Costello show last Thursday.
Breakdown / Products Used:
· Eyes: “The color on the eye is a direct inspiration from the delicate embroidery of the dresses,” says Alice. The glossy eye look was created using INGLOT Freedom System Eye Shadows in #08 & #399 with INGLOT’s High Gloss Lip Oil in #01 on the center of the lid. INGLOT Kohl Pencil in #05(nude) was used on the waterline to brighten and open the eye. INGLOT Brow Shaping Mascara created “Full brows that feel luxurious and elegant.”
· Lips: “Velvet slippers were my inspiration for the lips,” says Alice. “The lips are matte and applied in layers. Eye Shadow has been pressed into lipstick for a fabric-like effect.” Alice created the velvet matte lip using INGLOT Soft Precision Lip Liner in #61 and INGLOT Lipstick #295. She finished with INGLOT Freedom System Eyeshadow #450 pressed on top for added texture.
· Skin: Fresh, dewy skin was created using INGLOT AMC Foundation and INGLOT Freedom System HD Highlighter Trio in #103 & #101. The bright flushed cheeks were achieved using INGLOT AMC Freedom System Blush #69. Alice shares that “the skin is hydrated and natural. Rich highlights sculpt the high points of the face.”
Breakdown / Products Used:
· Eyes: “You'll find the cues of Black Amethyst in the soft, smoky effect around the eyes,” said Cruz. “The eyes are defined, but not overdone. We achieved a modern take on a smoky eye with INGLOT Eye Shadows in #498(Metallic Grey), #36 (Silver) and #368 (Dermic Peach), finished off with a veil of #373 (Matte Snow White) to highlight and soften the edges.” (Full Palette: $38, or, Individual Eye Shadows: $7 each)
· Lips: “Lips are bold and perfect, with layered blood red (INGLOT Lipstick #176, $13) and dark plum (INGLOT Lipstick Matte #435, $15) hues.”
· Skin: “The skin is polished and softly contoured to exude health and wellness. Perfect, glowing skin is created using INGLOT AMC Foundation($24) atop a rich cream and oil, without a lot of contour. The dermic peach eye shadow was used as blush and contour as well, finished with a glaze on the high cheek bone.”