READERS CHOICE AWARDS OFFICIAL RULES
READERS CHOICE AWARDS
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
1. Eligibility: Open to legal residents of the United States including the District of Columbia who are eighteen (18) years of age or older as of date of entry. Employees and their immediate family members (parent, siblings, children and spouse, and persons residing in the same household whether related or not) of Creative Age Publications, Inc. together with any respective parent and affiliated companies, subsidiaries, and advertising and promotion agencies, and all other companies associated with the READERS CHOICE AWARDS, and their respective agents, officers, and directors, and all individuals, including, but not limited to, consultants, independent contractors, so-called “temporary employees,” former employees and interns (and their immediate family members) who have, within the past six months, performed services for Sponsor or Co-Sponsor, are not eligible to enter or win. Void in all U.S. military and diplomatic installations outside the United States. Void where prohibited by law.
2. Sweepstakes Period: The Sweepstakes begins on MAY 2, 2013 at 12:00 a.m. PST and ends on AUGUST 6, 2013, at 11:59:59 p.m. PST. Sponsor, Co-Sponsor, Sweepstakes Administrator (hereinafter, if any), or Sponsor’s duly authorized representative shall be the determiner of all sweepstakes-related time periods.
3. How to Enter: To enter for free online, go to www.BeautyLaunchpad.com during the Sweepstakes Period and follow the directions on the Site to enter the Sweepstakes. You may be asked to provide personally identifiable information such as your name, date of birth, address, email address, and telephone number. Entrants must ensure that all required entry information is accurate and complete prior to submission to the Site.
Limit: One entry per person. All entries become the sole property of Sponsor and receipt of entries will not be acknowledge or returned.
4. How to Win: ONE winner will be selected from all eligible entries in a random drawing to take place on or about AUGUST 6, 2013. Prize winner(s) will be notified by email (or any other appropriate method) at Sponsor’s discretion within seven (7) business days of said drawing. Upon receiving notification, winner(s) must reply to Sponsor or Sponsor’s authorized representative within forty-eight (48) hours of said notification, or Sponsor may award the prize to the next eligible entrant.
5. Prize: ONE winner will receive $500 worth of products.
Odds of Winning: Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period.
Awarding of a prize does not constitute the prize-providing entity’s affiliation with, sponsorship, or endorsement of, the Sweepstakes.
ALL FEDERAL, STATE, AND LOCAL TAXES, AND ANY OTHER EXPENSES ARISING OUT OF THE RECEIPT AND USE OF THE PRIZES, ARE SOLELY THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNER. Any difference between the stated estimated value of a prize and its actual value will not be awarded. Winner(s) agree to accept prize “AS IS.”
6. Restrictions: Prize is nonrefundable and nontransferable. The prize is not replaceable if lost, damaged or stolen. Sponsor is not required to (but may at its sole discretion) offer any substitutions, cash redemptions, or alternatives to prizes awarded under this Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value in the event a prize is unavailable. Recipient of prize must have a U.S. mailing address. All prizes awarded are subject to the restrictions and limitations noted in these Official Rules, on the prizes and/or included with the prizes.
7. General Entry Rules: Any individual or entrant who attempts or otherwise encourages, directly or indirectly, entry under multiple identities, and/or uses multiple computers, multiple Internet Protocol addresses, so-called “proxy servers,” or any software program to manipulate or create multiple entries, or uses any other device, method, or artifice to enter or encourage, directly or indirectly, multiple or false entries, as determined by the Sponsor or Sweepstakes Administrator, will be disqualified. Sponsor, at its sole discretion, reserves the right to review and investigate all entries and to take any and all measures it deems necessary to ensure a fair Sweepstakes. Mutilated, edited, lost, illegible, or incomplete entries will be deemed ineligible, disqualified and void. In the event of a dispute, entry information will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet Service Provider, telephone company, wireless service provider, Internet access provider, or other organization (e.g. business, educational, institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses associated with the submitted email address by the entrant.
Sponsor, Co-Sponsor, and Sweepstakes Administrator, and their respective parents, subsidiaries and affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, suppliers (including all prize providers), printers, and distributors, and their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents of each and any other person or entity related in any way to this Sweepstakes (collectively, the “Sweepstakes Entities”), are not responsible for late, lost, incomplete, misdirected, or damaged entries or for technical, hardware, software or telephone malfunctions of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or delayed electronic communications caused by the sender, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Sweepstakes which may limit the ability to participate, or by any human error that may occur in winner notification or other Sweepstakes-related communications, or the processing, review, or tabulation of the entries in this Sweepstakes, or for any printing errors in these Official Rules. If by reason of a printing or other error, more prizes are claimed than the number set forth in these Official Rules, all persons making purportedly valid claims will be included in a random drawing to award the advertised number of prizes available. No more than the advertised number of prizes will be awarded.
If for any reason (including infection by computer virus, bugs, worms, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of Sweepstakes Entities that corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes) the Sweepstakes is not capable of being conducted as described in these Official Rules, Sponsor shall have the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Sweepstakes and select the winner(s) from entries received prior to the action taken, or as otherwise deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor. SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO PROSECUTE ANY FRAUDULENT ENTRIES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW. At Sponsor’s sole discretion, entrants and/or winner(s) who do not comply with these Official Rules or otherwise attempt to interfere with this Sweepstakes in any way may be disqualified.
ALL DECISIONS BY SPONSOR ARE FINAL. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES, DO NOT ENTER THE SWEEPSTAKES.
8. Release and Indemnification: By entering, entrants and winner(s) agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, together with Co-Sponsor and the Sweepstakes Administrator, which shall be final for all purposes hereunder, and agree: (1) Sweepstakes Entities may use (unless prohibited by law) their names, likenesses, images, photographs, voices, cities/states of residence, and biographical information for advertising, trade and promotion in any media or format now or hereafter known, including on the Internet or via wireless application protocol, without further compensation, permission or notification, except where prohibited by law; and (2) to release, indemnify, and hold the Sweepstakes Entities harmless from and against any and all liability, damages or causes of action (however named or described) with respect to or arising out of either (i) entrants’ participation in the Sweepstakes or in any Sweepstakes-related activity; or (ii) the receipt, possession, or use or misuse of the prizes awarded in the promotion, including but not limited to any claims for damage to property, personal injury or death, or claims based on defamation, rights of privacy, rights of publicity or merchandise/prize delivery. Winner may be required to complete, sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Publicity/Liability Release within seven (7) days of receipt or prize may be forfeited and awarded to an alternate. Sponsor, at its sole discretion, may also require copies of the winner’s valid, government-issued photo identification. Entrant hereby waives application of California Civil Code Section 1542 which provides as follows:
A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR.
Entrant expressly waives the provisions of Section 1542 of the California Civil Code as well as any other statutes, rules, laws, ordinances, or common law principles or other authority of similar effect of any jurisdiction, and further waives any right to invoke said provisions now or in the future with regard to the Sweepstakes. Entrants and the winner(s) further acknowledge and agree that this waiver is an essential and material term of these Official Rules and the Sweepstakes.
10. Winners List and Official Rules: Individuals may request the names of winners and the Official Rules by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope by 60 days after end of Sweeps Period to: Creative Age Publications, Inc. 7628 Densmore Ave., Van Nuys, CA 91406. Residents of WA and VT may omit return postage for rules requests.
11. Sponsor: Creative Age Publications, Inc. 7628 Densmore Ave., Van Nuys, CA 91406.
© Creative Age Publications, Inc. 2013