Geek chic was the inspiration behind Chromatʼs Spring/Summer 2014 Presentation, which was cheekily titled “Mathletes.” The collection featured Chromatʼs signature architectural harnesses, bralettes and bandage dresses with a varsity twist in a monochrome palette with pops of canary yellow. Lead stylist Chuck Amos used Oribe Hair Care to create a sleek, sporty and clean ponytail that fit perfectly under the snapback-inspired headpieces.
“I really wanted the hair to act as a backdrop and complement the intricate makeup and clothes,” Amos said.
(click on the next page to create the look!)
1. Apply Crème for Style to the hair and spray Royal Blowout on the ends to protect strands.
2. Blow dry the hair and then flat iron for super sleek locks.
3. Combine Supershine and Gel Sérum and distribute through the top half of the hair and pull into a high ponytail.
4. Take a small section from the underside of the ponytail and wrap it around the elastic several times.
5. Mist a toothbrush with Superfine Strong and brush away any flyways.
[Images courtesy of Oribe]