DVF recently presented the Spring/Summer 2015 Collection with hair by Orlando Pita for BioSilk Hair Care at New York Fashion Week. Diane von Furstenberg first entered the fashion world in 1972 with a suitcase full of jersey dresses. Two years later, she created the wrap dress, which came to symbolize power and independence for an entire generation of women.
The collection inspired Orlando Pita to create a modern day Brigitte Bardot for a messy, undone sexy but modern look. Says Pita, “Brigitte Bardot was ahead of her time. She is my inspiration for this collection while bringing her look with a more modern take.”
Get The Look:
1. Prep hair with BioSilk Volumizing Therapy Root Lift for lift and volume at the root area.
2. Blow dry the hair with CHI TOUCH Touchscreen Blow Dryer and CHI Turbo Nylon Brush lifting the base and creating a slight bend to the ends. After drying, apply BioSilk Silk Therapy Dry Clean Shampoo to add additional texture at the root area for lift and volume.
3. Next, take sections and with the CHI G2 Ceramic & Titanium Digital Hairstyling Iron to bump the ends.
4. To create the natural lift at the root area instead of teasing, apply BioSilk Volumizing Therapy Texturizing Powder for great lift and volume. Says Pita, “the idea is not to tease the hair but allow the products to create that same affect… This is the modern way to avoid backcombing or teasing for lift. I love this product!”
5. Finish with BioSilk Finishing Spray Firm for that all day hold.
[Images courtesy of Janice McCafferty Communications, Inc.]