Headed by grassroots efforts, more than 80 Milwaukee area salons and spas are expected to come together on November 13, 2012 for a fundraising effort to support the victims of the Azana Spa & Salon shooting.
The effort raises further awareness about the potential tragedies that can stem from domestic violence, which was a key factor in the Azana shooting and other recent salon shootings in Clearwater, Florida, and Seal Beach, California.
Supported by the PBA Foundation's CUT IT OUT program, salons and spas are asked to sign-up to receive complimentary CUT IT OUT materials and donate between 5 percent to 25 percent of sales on November 13th, as well as wear a purple ribbon as a show of support. Other businesses that would like to participate are encouraged to donate a percentage of their sales as well.
"The tremendous support of Milwaukee area salons and spas for this grassroots effort has been amazing. We encourage people to visit a participating salon or spa on November 13 to support the victims of this tragic incident and send a message that domestic violence is not tolerated," states Jan Seybold, Owner of Carenza Color.Cutting.Experience and one of several organizers.
How to Participate:
- Sign up to receive complimentary CUT IT OUT collateral materials for your salon / spa / school at www.cutitout.org. Materials are available in English and Spanish and contain the National Domestic Violence Hotline, 1-800-799-SAFE.
- Host a CUT IT OUT Day at your salon, spa or business on Tuesday, November 13, 2012. Participating businesses are donating 5 percent to 25 percent of the day's sales.
- Donations for the "Azana Victims Fund" can be made at any Associated Bank branch; mailed to Associated Bank, 1 N. Moorland Road, Brookfield, WI 53005 and made payable: "Benefit of Azana Salon & Spa."
- Donations are also accepted through CUT IT OUT and can be mailed to PBA, 15825 N. 71st Street, Suite 100, Scottsdale, AZ 85254.
- Make or buy purple ribbons and place them at your front desk and ask for a $5 donation for the "Azana Victims Fund." (Ready-made ribbons/bracelets can be purchased at www.fundraisingforacause.com or visit your local fabric store and make your own.)
- Promote your participation through your social networks.
For additional information and to reach area organizers, please contact Jan Seybold of Carenza Color.Cutting.Experience at 262.827.1000 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Related: Salon Shooting in Seal Beach | Salon Shooting in Seal Beach (UPDATE) | Superstorm Sandy: Millennium's Story | Matrix Gives Back | Top Stylists Including Jose Eber Provide Makeovers for Cancer Patients | Hair and Makeup for Cirque Du Soleil Inspired Charity Event | Sexy Hair Warehouse Sale Raises $41,000 For Charity | Cut for a Cure Benefits Cystic Fibrosis Foundation | Tribeca Salon Provides Haircuts for Village of Hope Homeless Shelter