It’s often the little things that make a big difference, and Redken Creative Consultant Guido proved this to be true with the hairstyle he created for Prada’s Spring/Summer 2015 show in Milan. Guido achieved this tough-yet-sophisticated low ponytail by using a combination of Redken’s Mess Around 10 Disrupting Cream-Paste and Diamond Oil High Shine Airy Mist to add small details that made a bold statement on the runway.
“I cut bangs around the face of each of the girls to lend a boyish-ness to the hairstyle," says Guido. "This greasy, kind of tough-looking pony tail is really an indication of who the woman is. She’s very pulled together and sophisticated, but has a bit of a dark, eccentric edge. I used Mess Around 10 to get that rough texture, and then tucked the girls’ hair behind the ears so it has more of a boyish feeling. Then, I added some richness by spraying Diamond Oil High Shine on the top of the hair, and finished the look by pulling out baby hairs around the hairline and misting them with water so they stick to the face. It’s these tiny details that give a hairstyle a big impact.”
Get the Look:
1. If working with curly hair, rough blow-dry until 100% dry.
2. Mess Around 10 Disrupting Cream-Paste to dry hair, section-by-section, from roots to mid-shaft (do not apply product to the ends).
3. Gather hair into a rough low ponytail, securing at the nape of the neck with an elastic.
4. Spray Diamond Oil High Shine Airy Mist from roots to the mid-shaft without spraying on the ponytail to keep it natural.
5. Pull out the baby hairs around the face and spray with a light mist of water, allowing them to stick to the face.
[Photo credit: Lucas Flores Piran for Redken]