Hairstyles How To: The Emmys with Julie Bowen, Elisabeth Moss and More Styled by Wella
Emmy Winning Julie Bowen of Modern Family was styled by celebrity stylist Jill Crosby using Wella Professionals.
The Look: Channeling a contemporary California glam sporting a sexy beach half updo with an edge. Julie is wearing a chartreuse mermaid cut dress, which inspired this textured style.
Here’s how Jill got the look:
Starting with wet hair, Jill applied a handful Wella Professionals Extra Volume Styling Mousse from roots to ends to give the hold, body, and volume.
1. Finger blow dry the hair for natural texture. Jill didn’t use a brush at all because the look did not require over styling or a sleek finish.
2. She then sprayed Wella Professionals Thermal Image Heat Protection Spray throughout dry hair for more texture and also to protect hair as she used a 1 ½ inch barrel curling iron to create loose curls which she separated with her fingers.
3. Wella Professionals Stay Essential Finishing Spray was sprayed throughout to set the texture, but allows the flexibility to continue styling the look.
4. Using her hands, Jill pulled the top half of her hair in a rough, twisted knot chignon secured with bobby pins, leaving enough volume on top to create balance.
5. Finally, the finishing touch was to lightly mist with Wella Professionals Dynamic Fix 45 Second Crafting Spray to set the look.