Emmy Winning Julie Bowen of Modern Family was styled by celebrity stylist Jill Crosby using Wella Professionals.
The Look: Channeling a contemporary California glam sporting a sexy beach half updo with an edge. Julie is wearing a chartreuse mermaid cut dress, which inspired this textured style.
Here’s how Jill got the look:
Starting with wet hair, Jill applied a handful Wella Professionals Extra Volume Styling Mousse from roots to ends to give the hold, body, and volume.
- Finger blow dry the hair for natural texture. Jill didn’t use a brush at all because the look did not require over styling or a sleek finish.
- She then sprayed Wella Professionals Thermal Image Heat Protection Spray throughout dry hair for more texture and also to protect hair as she used a 1 ½ inch barrel curling iron to create loose curls which she separated with her fingers.
- Wella Professionals Stay Essential Finishing Spray was sprayed throughout to set the texture, but allows the flexibility to continue styling the look.
- Using her hands, Jill pulled the top half of her hair in a rough, twisted knot chignon secured with bobby pins, leaving enough volume on top to create balance.
- Finally, the finishing touch was to lightly mist with Wella Professionals Dynamic Fix 45 Second Crafting Spray to set the look.
Celebrity stylist Cervando Maldonado styled Elisabeth Moss of Mad Men.
The Look: Elisabeth and Cervando decided to “ramp up the glam with a look that would complement her gown and look clean, young and modern,” says Cervando.
Here’s how Cervando got the look:
- Starting with wet hair, Cervando applied Wella Professionals Extra Volume Styling Mousse from roots to ends to give the hold, body, and volume.
- He evenly applied Wella Professionals Velvet Amplifier Style Primer while the hair was still wet to give her hair a foundation for lasting style.
- Elisabeth’s hair was blown out with a round brush and divided into small, uneven sections.
- Each section was sprayed with Wella Professionals Dynamic Fix 45 Second Crafting Spray and then set with Velcro rollers for twenty minutes.
- Once the rollers were removed, Cervando sprayed 2-inch sections of Elisabeth’s hair with Wella Professionals Thermal Image Heat Protectant Spray before using a curling iron to add more of a soft wave.
Celebrity stylist Riawna Capri of Nine Zero One Salon styled Julianne Hough.
The Look: We were channeling a Midnight in Paris look. We wanted something more polished and perfected so we all decided on a finger wave look, which isn't easy to create. I literally "painted her hair with the curling iron." It was like drawing a picture, with hair.
Here’s how Riawna got the look:
- Riawna applied Wella Professionals Flowing Form Smoothing Balm to Julianne’s wet hair before she blew it out with a round brush.
- Once the hair was dry, Riawna divided the hair into 2 inch sections, spraying each section lightly with Wella Professionals Stay Essential Finishing Spray before curling.
- To create the sleek curls that laid close to the head, Riawna held the iron vertically and curled 2 inches clock wise then the next 2 inches counter clockwise, then the remainder of the hair was curled clockwise.
- Once all the waves were in place, Riawna locked in the look with Wella Professionals Dynamic Fix 45 Second Crafting Spray.
- For red carpet-worthy shine, Riawna finished the look with Wella Professionals Shimmer Delight Shine Spray.
[Images: Julie Bowen by Frederick M. Brown/Stringer/Getty Images Entertainment; Elisabeth Moss by Frazer Harrison/Staff/Getty Images Entertainment; Julianne Hough by Frazer Harrison/Staff/Getty Images Entertainment]
Related: Emmy Awards: January Jones | Julianne Moore at the Emmy Awards | Celebrity Style: Top Blondes | Zoe Kazan | Alicia Keys' Choppy Bob | Kate Hudson's Venice Film Festival Hairstyle | Kim Kardashian Lightens Up | Kerry Washington at the Emmys