Hairstyles How To: Amanda Seyfried at the 2013 Oscars
Step-by-step directions from CHI Creative Artist Anna Cantu:
1. Begin by sectioning the front from the back with an arc from the back of the ear to the top of the crown.
2. Clip top section towards the front and create 3 sub-sections, making the largest section in the middle. Each side section is approximately 1-inch wide and is vertical from the top of the section to the nape.
3. Add a drop of CHI Pliable Polish and work through middle section.
4. Create a low ponytail at nape and conceal rubber band with a strand of hair.
5. Starting on the side section, spray with CHI Infra Texture before curling for added texture.
6. Wrap entire section around a ¾ inch CHI Orbit Styling Wand to create added texture and repeat on other side.
7. Split pony in 2 sections and wrap each section around a ¾ inch CHI Orbit Styling Wand.
8. Drop top section and take 1-inch piece from fringe and spray with CHI Infra Texture.
9. Wrap 1-inch sections around ¾-inch CHI Orbit Styling Wand until all front and side sections are complete.
10. Start teasing from fringe to back through all sections of hair.
11. Spray front fringe area up with CHI Enviro Flex Hold Hair Spray.
12. Rake fingers through and pull up to spray more directly to roots then set finger sections with pins to separate.
13. Gather top section loosely and pin down towards ponytail.
14. Fold side sections back and pin into ponytail.
15. Split remaining hair into 2 sections and roll each section up towards nape and pin.
16. Remove front clips and shape with tail end of CHI Backcomb Brush and spray with CHI Enviro Flex Hold Hair Spray.
[Images: Jason Merritt/Getty; courtesy of Farouk]