Winning the 2012 People's Choice Award for Favorite New TV Comedy, CBS's 2 Broke Girls is a fan favorite starring the double duty beauty team of actresses Kat Dennings and Beth Behrs. White Sands Hair Care is one of the behind the scenes go-to products for the show's on set stylist. Celebrity hairstylist Pixie Schwartz shares how you can re-create these signature looks in 4 easy steps.
Kat Dennings as "Max Black" styled by Celebrity Hairstylist Pixie Schwartz:
1. Apply a curl enhancing medium hold mousse to damp hair at roots and work through to ends - diffusing without a product can create frizz.
2. Divide hair into sections and spray on White Sands Liquid Texture Firm Hold Thermal Styling Spray focusing first on the bottom layers. As you style, you will work up by section until finally reaching the top of the head.
3. Take a one-inch section and begin to curl by placing the iron 3-5 inches away from the scalp. Roll iron under and towards scalp - most of hair will be hanging out of curling iron when you begin this step.
Tip: Alternate the direction of the curl as you work your way through each section.
4. Shake out hair and separate with fingers, applying a small amount of White Sands Orchids Oil to finish.
Beth Behrs as "Caroline Channing" styled by Celebrity Hairstylist Lucia Mace:
1. A good styling product is key to the perfect blowout, White Sands Liquid Texture Soft Hold Thermal Styling Spray is a must. Divide combed hair into sections and secure with clips or ponytail holders.
Tip: Securing one portion above the other helps manage the blowout. Leave out a section to start with.
2. Dry using a paddle or large Mason Pearson Brush.
Tip: Stretch the hair as you dry. It sounds crazy, but when you're done, the tips won't flip.
3. When hair is completely dry, apply a small amount of White Sands Orchids Oil to the ends.
4. Finish with a light spray of White Sands Infinity Hairspray.
[Images courtesy of CBS]
Related: ISSE Midwest Moment: White Sands | Jenna Ushkowitz's Glee Premiere Hair Revealed! | BET's "The Game" | William & Kate: Hairstyling Secrets from The Lifetime Original Movie | 6 Steps to a Bouncy Blowout with Curl Up in Silk | Emily VanCamp's Revenge Curls | Anna Paquin's True Blood Waves | Sally Hershberger Shares America's Next Top Model Styling Tips | Emmy Awards: January Jones | Julianne Moore at the Emmy Awards | Kerry Washington at the Emmys | Heidi Klum at the Emmys