Shoji’s inspiration for this season was a modern Silk Road. The fusing of cultures and the idea of moving from East to West could be seen in the range of colors, form and fabrics of the collection. Lead hair stylist, Rodney Cutler of Cutler/Redken Salon wanted to complement the clean, modern lines of the clothes, with a simple and elegant look that didn’t overpower the clothes.
Step by Step:
- Saturate hair with Redken Spray Starch 15 and blow hair out straight leaving volume at the roots.
- Spray Redken Powder Refresh 01 to create texture.
- Loosely back brush hair and secure in a low ponytail at the nape of the neck, leaving volume at the crown.
- Leave front flyaways out framing the face.
- Pull ponytail to create slight poof in front.
- Finish with a light spritz of Redken Fashion Work 12.
Redken Spray Starch 15 Versatile Ironing Spray
Redken Powder Refresh 01 Aerosol Hair Powder/Dry Shampoo
Redken Fashion Work 12 Versatile Working Spray
[Images courtesy of Siren Public Relations]
Other New York Fashion Week Spring/Summer 2013 Collections: Joanna Mastroianni | Timo Weiland | Monique Lhuillier | Christian Siriano | Rebecca Taylor | Band of Outsiders | Suno | Houghton | Charlotte Ronson | Monika Chiang | Costello Tagliapietra | Honor | DKNY | Erin Fetherston | Peter Som | Derek Lam | Top New York Fashion Week Hair Styles