Frank Rizzieri and Kevin Ryan for Aveda create wind-blown, road trip style for the Rebecca Taylor Spring Summer 2013 Fashion Show.
“This style looks totally effortless,” says Kevin Ryan for Aveda. “It’s laid-back and untroubled – think of driving along the coast with the windows down – sexy, pretty, natural.”
1. Prep hair by spritzing with Aveda Pure Abundance Style Prep from roots to ends and blow-dry hair away from face with fingers or a brush to remove kinks or curls.
2. Part hair on the left side above the eye.
3. Use a beveled flat iron or a large-barreled curling iron to direct hair back and away from the face by loosely wrapping the hair around your tool of choice.
4. Start at the hairline around the face, working backward in haphazard sections, letting hair fall into loose bends as you release it from the iron.
5. Mist with Aveda Air Control Hairspray, massaging and tousling hair - or blowing back with hairdryer - to mimic a windblown effect.
6. Finish with Air Control Hairspray.
[Images: Jon Gurinsky for Aveda]
Other New York Fashion Week Spring/Summer 2013 Collections: Joanna Mastroianni | Timo Weiland | Monique Lhuillier | Christian Siriano | Band of Outsiders | Suno | Houghton | Charlotte Ronson | Monika Chiang | Tadashi Shoji | Costello Tagliapietra | Honor | DKNY | Erin Fetherston | Peter Som | Derek Lam | Top New York Fashion Week Hair Styles