Monika Chiang’s collection featured clothing inspired by street style in South Africa. As this was a spring show and the collection showcased strong shapes, lead hair stylist Leon Gorman for Cutler/Redken Salon wanted to keep the hair simple and soft with a nice big round blow dry to soften the look.
Step by Step:
- Begin by prepping the hair with Redken Full Frame and Redken Fashion Work 12.
- Blow dry the hair over directing the roots for added volume and roll the hair back away from the face.
- Once dry backcomb the hair from the hair line to the nape for a sold shape and flatten the sides.
- If you have thick hair, take a small section of hair from the sides and pull it back into a small low sitting pony tail and allow the hair to fall over it. This is to secure the shape and volume at the roots.
- Finish with Redken Forceful 23 Spray.
Redken Full Frame 07 Protective Volumizing Mousse
Redken Fashion Work 12 Versatile Working Spray
Redken Forceful 23 Super Strength Finishing Spray
[Image courtesy of Siren Public Relations]
Other New York Fashion Week Spring/Summer 2013 Collections: Joanna Mastroianni | Timo Weiland | Monique Lhuillier | Christian Siriano | Rebecca Taylor | Band of Outsiders | Suno | Houghton | Charlotte Ronson | Tadashi Shoji | Costello Tagliapietra | Honor | DKNY | Erin Fetherston | Peter Som | Derek Lam | Top New York Fashion Week Hair Styles