Monika Chiang’s collection featured clothing inspired by street style in South Africa. As this was a spring show and the collection showcased strong shapes, lead hair stylist Leon Gorman for Cutler/Redken Salon wanted to keep the hair simple and soft with a nice big round blow dry to soften the look.
Step by Step:
1. Begin by prepping the hair with Redken Full Frame and Redken Fashion Work 12.
2. Blow dry the hair over directing the roots for added volume and roll the hair back away from the face.
3. Once dry backcomb the hair from the hair line to the nape for a sold shape and flatten the sides.
4. If you have thick hair, take a small section of hair from the sides and pull it back into a small low sitting pony tail and allow the hair to fall over it. This is to secure the shape and volume at the roots.
5. Finish with Redken Forceful 23 Spray.
Redken Full Frame 07 Protective Volumizing Mousse
Redken Fashion Work 12 Versatile Working Spray
Redken Forceful 23 Super Strength Finishing Spray
[Image courtesy of Siren Public Relations]
Other New York Fashion Week Spring/Summer 2013 Collections: Joanna Mastroianni | Timo Weiland | Monique Lhuillier | Christian Siriano | Rebecca Taylor | Band of Outsiders | Suno | Houghton | Charlotte Ronson | Tadashi Shoji | Costello Tagliapietra | Honor | DKNY | Erin Fetherston | Peter Som | Derek Lam | Top New York Fashion Week Hair Styles