Aveda Global Creative Director Antoinette Beenders creates an easy to wear “post-dance” ballerina bun for the Christian Siriano Spring Summer 2013 Fashion Show.
“The look we created is a ballerina’s bun that she’s twisted up herself after she’s danced, perhaps on her way back from practice,” says Beenders.
- Prep hair with Aveda Pure Abundance Style Prep, using fingers to comb through.
- Flip head over and rake Aveda Light Elements Texturizing Creme throughout hair with fingers, avoiding the hairline.
- Finger-comb hair into a ponytail at the top of the head and pull straight up.
- Begin twisting tail and continue to twist hair into a loose bun and secure with an elastic.
- Pin at the base of the bun to secure to head.
- Spray with Aveda Air Control Hair Spray to set and massage at the sides to loosen slightly.
[Images courtesy of Jon Gurinsky for Aveda]
Other New York Fashion Week Spring/Summer 2013 Collections: Joanna Mastroianni | Timo Weiland | Monique Lhuillier | Rebecca Taylor | Band of Outsiders | Suno | Houghton | Charlotte Ronson | Monika Chiang | Tadashi Shoji | Costello Tagliapietra | Honor | DKNY | Erin Fetherston | Peter Som | Derek Lam | Top New York Fashion Week Hair Styles