Didier Malige for Aveda styles tough-girl, roughed-up texture for the Band of Outsiders Spring/Summer 2013 Fashion Show.
“The collection has a quasi military feel with feminine water elements mixed in,” says Didier Malige for Aveda. “The hair contrasts with an aggressive, undone feel.”
- Prep hair by spritzing with Aveda Pure Abundance Style Prep or Aveda Volumizing Tonic from roots to ends.
- Blowdry hair away from the face with fingers or a brush to remove kinks or curls.
- Create a deep parting on the left side.
- Use a double-barrel curling iron to create volume by winding haphazard sections of hair around the iron in a figure-eight pattern.
- Spray all over with Aveda Air Control Hairspray and massage hair to rough up.
- Pull back a section on the right side and secure at the back of head with bobby pins just below the occipital bone; hide pins underneath hair.
- Hair should fall over the right eye; finish with Air Control to hold in place.
[Image courtesy of Global Communications]
Other New York Fashion Week Spring/Summer 2013 Collections: Joanna Mastroianni | Timo Weiland | Monique Lhuillier | Christian Siriano | Rebecca Taylor | Suno | Houghton | Charlotte Ronson | Monika Chiang | Tadashi Shoji | Costello Tagliapietra | Honor | DKNY | Erin Fetherston | Peter Som | Derek Lam | Top New York Fashion Week Hair Styles