Didier Malige for Aveda styles tough-girl, roughed-up texture for the Band of Outsiders Spring/Summer 2013 Fashion Show.
“The collection has a quasi military feel with feminine water elements mixed in,” says Didier Malige for Aveda. “The hair contrasts with an aggressive, undone feel.”
1. Prep hair by spritzing with Aveda Pure Abundance Style Prep or Aveda Volumizing Tonic from roots to ends.
2. Blowdry hair away from the face with fingers or a brush to remove kinks or curls.
3. Create a deep parting on the left side.
4. Use a double-barrel curling iron to create volume by winding haphazard sections of hair around the iron in a figure-eight pattern.
5. Spray all over with Aveda Air Control Hairspray and massage hair to rough up.
6. Pull back a section on the right side and secure at the back of head with bobby pins just below the occipital bone; hide pins underneath hair.
7. Hair should fall over the right eye; finish with Air Control to hold in place.
[Image courtesy of Global Communications]
Other New York Fashion Week Spring/Summer 2013 Collections: Joanna Mastroianni | Timo Weiland | Monique Lhuillier | Christian Siriano | Rebecca Taylor | Suno | Houghton | Charlotte Ronson | Monika Chiang | Tadashi Shoji | Costello Tagliapietra | Honor | DKNY | Erin Fetherston | Peter Som | Derek Lam | Top New York Fashion Week Hair Styles