Nioxin Design Team Member Diane Stevens shares tips and techniques for cutting thinning hair:
- When cutting fine hair, prevent wispy fly away ends by using fine point cut or blunt cut techniques. Avoid cutting fine hair with razor!
- For fine hair that is long, opt for a strong fringe as it will direct the eye to the weight line and the top area will appear less fine.
- Add soft layers in the interior to create movement while maintaining weight around the entire perimeter. This will form the appearance of denser, thicker hair.
- One of the hottest haircuts for fine hair is a textured bob with lots of movement, at any length. Create a strong perimeter with either the graduation technique or create a one length feel at bottom for a denser, thicker weight line. Create texture throughout the interior with layers and soft side-swoop fringe.
- Create even more texture for fine hair by using tools for deep waves. On dry hair, take 1 ½ inch sections and spray Nioxin Niospray to the lengths of the hair and wrap the hair around a curling iron. Let the hair twist while it wraps to create waves.
- Use Nioxin Hair and Scalp Systems to cleanse, optimize and treat fine, thinning hair.
- Always apply Nioxin Diamax to the roots because it is a treatment that increases the diameter of each individual hair strand.
- Nioxin Root Lifter is an amazing styling aid that provides soft body and movement.
Related: How to Cut Curls | 6 Steps to a Bouncy Blowout with Curl Up in Silk | How to Wear Bangs and Look Fabulous! | Hair Styling How to: The Ponytail | Create Beach Waves with a Straightening Iron | WATCH: Create a fast, fab style with Simplicity Hair Extensions | WATCH: Behind-the-Scenes with Jason Stanton: Punk-ette | WATCH: Behind-the-Scenes with Sebastian Professional: Dry Shine | WATCH: Create Loose, Sexy Curly Hair