Create the Hottest Looks from the BET Awards
Celebrity Stylist and InStyler Spokesperson Dean Banowetz shares how to recreate the hottest looks from the 2011 BET Awards.
My favorite look was worn by Eve.
Overall Look: Sexy, long fishtail braid - a hot trend this summer
1) For best results, start with clean dry hair.
2) Place your InStyler at the nape of your neck, pulling the rest of your hair out of the way.
3) Taking a 1-inch section of hair, place it into your InStlyer and close it.
4) Slowly glide the InStyler down your hair shaft to create really straight, smooth hair.
5) Now that the hair is smooth, create a fishtail braid by dividing hair into two sections and pulling a strand from the outside of the first section over itself and adding it to the second section.
6) Repeat by taking a strand from the second section and adding it to the first section. Continue until the braid is complete.
Overall Look: California cool waves and a beautiful hombre hair color
1) Take a 1-inch section of clean, dry hair and wrap it around the barrel of the InStyler, closing it for several seconds.
2) Allow the barrel to rotate while the section of hair begins to take a spiral shape.
3) Open the InStyler and allow the curl to drop from the unit. Repeat until entire head is curled.
4) Loosen up the waves by slowly racking your fingers through your hair.
5) Finally, apply a light finishing hair spray to hold the waves in place.
Overall Look: A classic bob with blunt bangs
1) On clean, dry hair position the InStyler at the nape of your neck.
2) Place a 1-inch section of hair into your InStlyer and close it.
3) Slowly glide the InStyler down your hair shaft, applying tension to create volume, while curling the ends under.
4) Repeat the same step for your bangs using the safety guard to protect yourself from any accidental burning.
The InStyler retails for $119 and is available at www.getinstyler.com as well as retailers nationwide including Target, Bed Bath and Beyond, Walgreens, Walmart, Ulta and Kohls.
Image: Jason LaVeris/FilmMagic/Getty Images