Lots of wonderful folks ask me how to break into an education/product company—I’m sure it seems a bit alien and unattainable, right? But let me tell you, loves, that there’s always room on board for amazing, motivated people; as long as you adjust your expectations (everyone starts at entry-level), and treat the process as you would any job hunt.
· Choose a company you respect and admire. You have to believe in the brand if you end up representing the brand.
Marianne Dougherty shares her experience at the launch of the new Goldwell Topchic and the P_CAT.
Long flowing hair, braids, and Coachella-ready maxi dresses are all over the beauty scene right now. Sam Villa, founder of the brand by the same name, as well as Education Artistic Director for Redken 5th Avenue, shares the latest hair trend: the S-Braid. To further mix it up, he's engineered a half-up style that looks both relaxed and put together.
The Future is Now - Student Voices on Beauty Launchpad I have ninety-four days left in my program, but who is counting?There comes a point during your time in school where gradation seems like it is nowhere in sight and one becomes exhausted with mundane daily tasks. Most people call this feeling senioritis … I had a bad case of it. The days seemed longer, the weeks never ended, and I felt as though I was lacking inspiration and creativity.
Follow the Leader
When you love your work as much as I do—and if you’re reading this, I’ll bet you do!—then nothing makes you happier than a cohesive team that strives for excellence each and every day. Sadly, my loves, that’s not always the case, is it? So often I hear from wonderful salon owners lamenting the fact that they can’t get their staffers to maintain the high standards necessary to run and grow a successful business. Or just as frustrating: They have a team that’s going in all different directions.
1. To create this amazing texutre, lightly mist sections of hair with Oribe Soft Lacquer Heat Styling Spray and crimp on a standard crimping iron.
2. Separte and soften crimped hair by combing through with a super large toothed comb.
3. Begining at the front and working toward the back, loosely French braid the hair.
4. Sweep hair over to the side and take a section from the underneath and wrap around to cover the hair and create a side pony-tail and secure with bobby pins.
Ahhh…summertime. The time of year when the sun lingers on our days, our hair and our minds. I grew up in England where it's common to visit the nearby Mediterranean countries like Spain, Turkey and Greece for a couple of weeks each summer. People would flock to the all-inclusive resorts where the pool was the place to see and be seen. Where the way you look while languishing poolside sipping fancy cocktails is part of the fun. Resort style is almost its own "season" in the world of fashion.