Hair Styles FASHION: Christian Siriano NYFW Spring/Summer 2013
Aveda Global Creative Director Antoinette Beenders creates an easy to wear “post-dance” ballerina bun for the Christian Siriano Spring Summer 2013 Fashion Show.
“The look we created is a ballerina’s bun that she’s twisted up herself after she’s danced, perhaps on her way back from practice,” says Beenders.
1. Prep hair with Aveda Pure Abundance Style Prep, using fingers to comb through.
2. Flip head over and rake Aveda Light Elements Texturizing Creme throughout hair with fingers, avoiding the hairline.
3. Finger-comb hair into a ponytail at the top of the head and pull straight up.
4. Begin twisting tail and continue to twist hair into a loose bun and secure with an elastic.
5. Pin at the base of the bun to secure to head.
6. Spray with Aveda Air Control Hair Spray to set and massage at the sides to loosen slightly.
[Images courtesy of Jon Gurinsky for Aveda]
Other New York Fashion Week Spring/Summer 2013 Collections: Joanna Mastroianni | Timo Weiland | Monique Lhuillier | Rebecca Taylor | Band of Outsiders | Suno | Houghton | Charlotte Ronson | Monika Chiang | Tadashi Shoji | Costello Tagliapietra | Honor | DKNY | Erin Fetherston | Peter Som | Derek Lam | Top New York Fashion Week Hair Styles